On the other hand, if I hadn't mentioned to you already or if you haven't heard through facebook, my son has made his first trip to the principal's office this year. Yes. He got caught pee-ing on the bathroom wall. The day it happened (Wed. Oct. 15) I was at work teaching a class and I received a message from his teacher to call her back. I call back. "Ryan has received a referral to the principal's office for pee-ing on the wall." said the secretary. The principal called me back at work and Mrs. Tomlin called me again at home that evening. Ay yay yay. I was thinking that I had the next psychopath on my hands, that I was a failure as a mother, yada yada yada. (I know, I was in an irrational state) No remorse, didn't care about his actions, and going to the principal's office! I know I have an active child on my hands, but peeing on the wall!!!! NOT MY CHILD! Then again, I wouldn't put it past him. In hindsight, he thought it was a funny thing to do so that's why he didn't have remorse at first. He lied to the principal and she felt it was because he didn't know her. And he knows now that isn't appropriate...to pee on the wall or to lie. I know he's still working on his self control and listening skills in class and it's hard for him sometimes because he gets over excited about everything; but at the end of the day, it all goes away when he holds my hand, gives me hugs and kisses, and says to me, "momma, I love you". I don't ever want that to go away and I'm afraid those days are numbered.
Ohhhh and Mia-I think I have a "Ryan apprentice" on my hands. Yesterday she asked her Yai (my mom) for a piece of gum while I was in the laundry room and she says "Can I have gum, she's not looking". So sneaky. Another time she found gum and snuck to another room and quietly opened them to chew them up. She would come out of the room covering her mouth as if I couldn't see her chewing. I know I have my hands full. But she still melts my heart.
I think this is payback for when I was a teenager. And after Ryan's run in with the principal, we've decided we're stopping at 2 children and no more. It's a sign. It has to be.
Halloween pics....trick or treating with the Schwartz's in Ramona..It was so cute. Mia would receive a piece of candy and immediately unwrapped it to eat it. She was afraid I'd take it away or something and didn't understand that you collected them first and then went home to eat them. Finally she got the idea. Her bag got heavy that she decided to place the handle around her neck so her bag became a necklace. So cute.
Walk Now for Autism.
First walk I've done and I'm excited for more to come. It was so fun getting together with everyone for the same cause....Vince and his autism. it was refreshing to see everyone walking together and cheering each other on. I wish I could have stayed longer but I had to take my nap before going to work. Here are a few pics of this awesome event.
And talk about unity...I'm quite excited about the new president elect, Barack Obama. Truthfully, at first I wasn't going to vote because I didn't know who to vote for. I haven't been following the campaigns or listened to the debates. Basically I wasn't informed by my own fault. I didn't want to make an uneducated vote. Well I felt guilty and decided to read up on the props and candidates. And I was totally on the fence between McCain and Obama. I voted for McCain. For some reason I always vote for the losing party. But anyway, a little sad at first when I saw the results but so very excited for our country's future after hearing the speeches made by McCain & Obama. It's an exciting time for our country and to have an African American as our president is extraordinary. I'm so thrilled and can't wait to see how it unfolds. I'm truly hoping for some positive change. Regarding our props...I'm bummed on some but happy others have passed. I voted by absentee ballot and I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get to go to the polls and use the electronic voting machine and get my "I voted" sticker :( Oh well.
Hope I didn't bore you too much..you can't say I didn't warn you!!!




3 comments:
Good stuff Mei! The walk sure was a good time! And those Halloween photos are just adorable...and like you, I am very excited for what is to come for our country.
miss you guys!
THAT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH!!! (really, i was hoping it'd be a lot longer- i love reading whatever you write!) But great catch up on the weeks we haven't seen you (esp for me). I was reading out loud the ryan/wall and mia/gum stories to leo next to me and we were giggling the entire time :) Good round up with autism walk and halloween.
PS- what do you mean you're stopping at two?! last time i saw you, wasn't the deal "If I am, you will?" c'mon, don't back out on us now... ;)
I think it is me but I kinda like your kids as little rascals :) i knew about the Ryan incident but I didn't know that Mia was getting up there too with her little sneakiness - haa haa!
please share some of your sewing projects - would love to see them!!!
love your pictures :)
Post a Comment