Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good bye Summer, Hello Fall!

I will miss the carefree days of summer and the fun days at the beach, but I'm also glad to have the somewhat cool weather back again. It's a bitter sweet feeling. Good bye Summer, Welcome Fall!

I've also learned a new fun past time...sewing!!! I'm soo excited. I'm actually able to sew in a straight line thanks to Jen & Terrell!!! I've also made my first project...it took me a week, but I did it! See below. There's actually a lot of prep time that goes into sewing that I never realized before. I'm very excited to start new projects, buy a book, a pattern and begin again. I really do need more time in my day to accomplish all the things I love to do. At least I can say I've used my sewing machine and it will no longer sit in the corner collecting dust! Thanks guys!!!



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Mei,
It's beautiful! I love it! So proud of you :) I wish I could say the same thing about my sewing machine. Mine is still sitting in my garage....in Vegas! I can't wait to see the projects you will come up with. Go Mei!

gina*b said...

how wonderful!!! is that cute thing you made an apron? Hello Martha Stewart! i love it!

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

Very impressed! love the colors too....will you be using the apron when you cook some fabulous dish for us during the Holidays?

kamahiclan said...

You're an awesome student!!! Can't wait to start on a dress for Mia next week!!!