Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Obsessed, Addicted, Need the next one...



Yes, I'm addicted to Stephanie Meyer's Twilight series of books. Yes, like when Harry Potter came out, or when The DaVinci Code came out. I love her book. I finished the first book, Twilight, in record time for me. Sooooo good. It's been soo long since I've had the chance to read a good book. I couldn't put the book down. Stephen says I hardly saw the family. I beg to differ. But it only took me 2 days, if that, to read this 500 page, in between the kids'/family schedule. The first night I stayed up until 1 am. Not a good thing on a school night. Yes, I woke up late the next morning. But it was nice to get a way. A little get a way from reality for me. Now I remember why I enjoy reading so much :)

4 comments:

gina*b said...

Mei! I've heard a lot about this series. You wanna know the best part? She's homemaker that had a dream about the story, and it was so vivid she had to write about it. She finished it before the summer was over and got published 3 months later. How AWESOME is that?! (joce, inspiration? ;))

Jenny said...

I've heard so many great things about these series but since it involves some scary stuff - I can't hang! They are making the first movie as we speak.

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

What rock have I been under? I've never heard of these...but now I'm curious...

But I'm like Jenny, don't know if I can hang with the scary stuff.

my cup-a-joe! said...

Hi Mei!
So, I bought the saga...I walked into the B+N and spoke to everyone who worked there (who read it). I bought the first two. I started at Joey's nap-time and I'm almost done with the book. I don't know how you juggled your Mommy duties/work and finished the book. Dave didn't 'allow' me to sleep late just to finish the book (ha-ha) - I'm not the nicest person sleep deprived. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the book!!!

Hope to meet you soon!
PS/ Great photos! I took some photos of my dog...but he didn't run fast enough (ha-ha) to make a difference in fore/background..