Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shutter speed...

So I took some pics of kids and this is what I got...pretty cool stuff. I love that I can understand Candice's direction and explanation of the buttons. I was telling Stephen that this was the first time I even touched the dial and understood some of the numbers on the screen. Have you guys done any experiments in shutter mode? Here are some of mine....
This one is @ 1/1600, the water is crisp, not flowing.

This one is 1/20, the water is blurry, flowing together.


But in both pics, mia is clear b/c she's pretty much standing still.

This one is of Ryan during a soccer game. Shutter speed of 1/1000. Pretty still for being an action photo.


Ok girls, share what you have so I can see too :) I love this class!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Mei - I love it! I need to reread the class notes because I don't even know which dial to turn :) I'll post pictures up as soon as I can. Great pictures!