11 years ago
Monday, July 21, 2008
Challenges...
I'm not sure what it is that makes me feel this way but I've noticed a pattern about myself: I change jobs about every 2 years or so. Why is that? I don't know if I'm just bored with what I do at the time or if I'm not challenged enough. Stephen thinks I like stress. I think I like change or the challenge of change. Most people don't like change and prefer stability. I like stability, but I also like spontaneity. I've been at Children's ER for a little over 2 years now and I've been looking into different avenues of what to do next. Not that I dislike my job, but I need something new to learn. Sad to say I enjoy when I'm doing trauma cases, but then it's over in no time at all and off the patient goes to another department and my job is done; waiting for the next trauma. But that's only one role: trauma nurse. There is so much to do and so many roles in my department that it's nice to go to work with something different all the time. However, I feel like I've done most of the roles and I'm ready to move on. So lately I've been trying to figure out what to do. I've been torn between dedicating myself between family & work. Of course family always comes first. But I think I also need to challenge myself more at work. I'll be doing more teaching, helping out on committees, orienting to charge nurse. I hope this will curb my appetite for change in the mean time. I'll just have to wait and see....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow Mei! Maybe being in the ER is a good thing because no 2 patients are ever alike. Doing all that extra stuff at work will help. You go Nurse Mei!!!
Post a Comment