This year was the first year we've attended the comic con convention. It was totally sold out. Thankfully I bought tickets months in advance to attend. It was Stephen, Ryan, Christina, and myself. We took the trolley from Mission Valley into downtown and got off at the Convention Center. It was amazing. I didn't realize how many people are into comics and such. This is a HUGE industry. It's not just comics, it was anything animated. From nickelodeon stuff all the way to adult animated porn and video games for all ages. Disney, Legos, Universal, Hasbro. Even He-man, Master of the Universe is coming back. People were dressed up in all kinds of costumes. Lots of Star Wars characters so Ryan fit right in. He had on his Darth Vader outfit until he got hot. We were lucky, Friday was Star Wars Day Then there were people that I had no clue who they were. But what was really cool is that people let you take pictures with them!
And guess who this is?
Steven Baldwin, promoting something. (Not as cute as Alec.)
We actually met up with Claire and Romeo a couple of times throughout the day. That was cool. It took us from 1000am to 3:45pm to walk the entire floor downstairs and we didn't even get to finish it! And we didn't even get to go into any panels. It's no wonder that people have to buy the 4 day pass to see the entire thing. It was a good thing that Mia stayed home with Kon Yai because we were beat by the end of the day.
And we didn't forget about Mia...the storm tropper.
If Ryan wanted to go again I definitely would take him. I think Stephen would rather go to the car show. This was way bigger than the scrapbook convention, that's for sure. Have a great day and may the force be with you!!!




3 comments:
Great pictures! I told Jay we're going next year...
Looks like it was a lot of fun! Where is your Princess Lea outfit :)
ps - thanks for saying prayers for Jeff's dad. He is doing fine and is suppose to be d/c today. Love you!
The kids had a great time enlarging all the pictures and naming all the characters. Wish Isaac had gone...he would have loved it!!!
The Kamahi Clan
Post a Comment