After Stephen came back we headed to the North Shore again. Ryan and I snorkeled at Pupukea beach again and did some crab catching. We were able to see butterfly fish, some black/white damsels, sea urchins, & sea cucumbers, wrasses, and other random fish. He caught a few hermit crabs and a regular fast moving crab. He's so funny. While snorkeling he saw a bunch of sea urchins on a rock and freaked out. He jumped on me a like a little monkey and wanted me to carry him to a different area. Silly boy. You would think he would be afraid of moving animals, not ones that stay still. I have pics in the water camera that I can't wait to develop. After snorkeling we headed more north to eat dinner at Jameson's by the sea to watch the sunset. Our last dinner here on Oahu :( And our last shaved ice dessert up here as well. We tried to go back to Matsumoto's but they were already closed. So we went next to door to the second best shaved ice store Aokis? or something like that. Ryan and I were exhausted from being in the sun so we went back home. Did I mention that I thought I saw Micheal Phelps at Hanauma Bay? I saw the back side of this tall guy wearing those racing blue swimmer's pants seen in the olympics without the shirt. And a lady taking a pic of him. I was laughing at the swimwear and then realized that might be micheal phelps. haha. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I wanted to yell, "hey michael!". I didn't.
On another subject, I was warned about large cockaroaches that I would see and I actually was beginning to wonder what they were talking about. Until last night. Ugh. Stephen saw one and again he saw another tonight and had to show me. These were large sons of a guns. Grosses me out.
Tonight is our last night here and I'm sad that this was a vacation that was a little too stressful for my taste. I was torn between having action packed days or just relaxing at the beach before Stephen got sick. Well, we didn't get relaxing, but at least we weren't on a time schedule either. We'll have to return here to actually do touristy things another time. Unfortunately we missed Pearl Harbor, Polynesian Cultural Center and the Diamond Head hike. I do like the place we stayed at. It's very quiet, clean, and beach front. The area reminds me of Kauai. Also I'll be glad to touch ground in LA and finally be back in San Diego where everything is familiar.




2 comments:
have a safe flight back. i was worried too about steve flying and his DVT - at least he is cleared for that. it really does seem like you had a nice relaxing time. kinda nice to not have a schedule and just see what the day will unfold. your pictures are amazing and can't wait to see the underwater ones :) aloha!
Mei, it was certainly a memorable trip...these pictures are fantastic, I especially like the one of Mia walking toward the beach...the composition is beautiful, you need to enlarge that one and frame it!
love you guys, be safe, can't wait to see the underwater pics...
Post a Comment