Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wednesday: Swap Meet & Hanauma Bay

Today we ventured to the Swap Meet to find the deals, but didn't last too long there. I was worried about Stephen's leg and he said it was hurting so we left to Hanauma Bay so the kids could go snorkeling there. That was a ton of fun! The water was a little cold but we still went in. We walked as far as Mia could stand then I picked her up. The kids had their goggles on and were able to check out some fish underwater. Mia inhaled a bunch of water and that was end of her "snorkeling". She went back onto the beach and hung out with gimp daddy. :) Ryan on the other hand hung out with me and truly was snorkeling. I was so surprise that he was able to do it. He absolutely loved it. Even breathing through the snorkel became easy for him. Although he didn't want to go out further, we got to see a few different fish. I'm so proud of him!! I can't wait to develop the underwater camera pictures.







After a few hours of Hanauma Bay we drove around diamond head and waikiki. Everyone was right about Waikiki. It is very urbanized and feels just like any other large metropolitan city. I so wanted to go to the Internationl Market place but felt like Costo was more important ;) I had to go there to buy instant miso soup and hurricane popcorn. After driving all over we finally found it and got the goods. I'm excited. We drove back to the condo exhausted. Since Stephen has been diagnosed with his DVT, I've been driving all over the place and he's been the co-pilot. Everyone knows how much I love driving, NOT! Especially at night, ugh.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

jeb and I have the same exact picture of us two on our honeymoon where you, steve and the kids are standing on top of hanauma bay :) i can't believe ryan was snorkeling! well, not really. it's so cool that you guys get to see urban parts of hawaii. i just feel really bad for steve's DVT. hopefully that turns out ok. i can't believe all the driving you've been doing! can't wait to read more about your adventures.

Jocelyn S. Lomahan said...

these are great photos...looks like you have perfect weather.

steve really is a trooper...hope he's feeling better!

can't wait to see the underwater pix too!